(HorizonPost.com) – Traditionally, as December comes to its conclusion, we think of festive times with family. Instead, this year many Americans are facing restrictions and quarantine orders to slow the spread of COVID-19.
One step President Trump took early on in the pandemic crisis to help protect Americans was to close our physical borders with Canada and Mexico.
Now, according to immigration expert Tom Homan, retired Acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), should Joe Biden be successful in his bid for the presidency, he has proposed sweeping changes to Trump’s immigration policy, including:
- Instituting a 100-day moratorium on deportations of illegal immigrants
- Allowing asylum-seekers to enter the US rather than waiting in the next safe country they come to
- Closing detention facilities
- Preventing ICE agents from arresting illegal immigrants at their workplaces
- Providing free healthcare to all illegal immigrants
These steps have far-reaching implications beyond just immigration status.
— FAIR (@FAIRImmigration) December 13, 2020
Joe Biden and the Progressives campaigned throughout the just-past election cycle on the premise of allowing multitudes of immigrants and asylum seekers into our country from places where coronavirus protocols were, in all likelihood, far below the standards of the United States. So now they have to decide, shut everything down or open the borders; they can’t have it both ways.
Copyright 2020, HorizonPost.com