(HorizonPost.com) – His Majesty King Charles III and Kate, Princess of Wales were both released from the hospital on Monday after separately undergoing medical procedures, NBC News reported.
Kate was admitted to the private London Clinic in mid-January for unspecified abdominal surgery.
In a January 17 statement, Kensington Palace, the London home and office of the Prince and Princess of Wales, said Kate’s surgery had been successful and she was expected to remain in the hospital for up to 14 days before being released to convalesce at home.
The 42-year-old Kate would remain at Kensington Palace for an extended recuperation and was not expected to return to her royal duties until sometime around Easter at the end of March.
On Monday, the palace confirmed that Kate had returned home to continue her recovery and had made “good progress.” Kate, and her husband Prince William, expressed their thanks to the medical staff at the London Clinic for the care provided to the princess.
Kensington Palace did not specify the reasons for Kate’s surgery. However, a source within the palace confirmed that it was not cancer.
Just 90 minutes before Kensington Palace first revealed that Kate had undergone surgery, Buckingham Palace announced that the King would be admitted to the London Clinic the week of January 22 to have a “corrective procedure” for an enlarged prostate.
The Associated Press reported on Monday, that the 75-year-old King was also released from the London Clinic on the same day as his daughter-in-law.
Charles had been diagnosed with a benign prostate condition in mid-January after seeking medical treatment following some problems.
King Charles announced the upcoming procedure to encourage other men to regularly have prostate checks, according to Buckingham Palace.
Like the Princess of Wales, the king would postpone his public engagements during his recovery. However, the palace said his recuperation would be short.
William, Prince of Wales is also expected to lighten his royal duties during his wife’s recovery. Kensington Palace announced that the future king would suspend all foreign trips and remain close to home to care for his wife and children.
Copyright 2024, HorizonPost.com