School Cop Flees After Killing Teacher Ex-Wife

( – Police in Washington State called off an Amber Alert for a 1-year-old boy who was abducted on Monday after the suspect in his abduction was confronted in Eugene, Oregon on Tuesday afternoon.

Washington State Patrol launched a manhunt for 39-year-old Elias Huizar who was due to appear in court on April 22 on charges of child rape, KNDU reported.

Huizar had been identified as a person of interest in the fatal shooting of a woman who was shot to death at Wiley Elementary School in West Richland at the end of the school day on Monday.

According to a statement from the West Richland Police Department, officers responded to reports of a shooting on the school grounds at 3:23 p.m. where an adult female was pronounced dead at the scene.

In a follow-up statement, West Richland Police said that while they were serving a search warrant at Huizar’s residence, investigators found the body of a second homicide victim.

Washington State Patrol later issued an Amber alert for 1-year-old Roman Huizar on behalf of the West Richland Police who believed that the child had been abducted by Elias Huizar.

The details in the Amber Alert identified the two victims as Huizar’s ex-wife and his girlfriend.

According to a statement Monday night, West Richland Police believed that Huizar may be fleeing for Mexico. Huizar was considered armed and dangerous. In a follow-up statement Tuesday morning, the police said Huizar had been spotted in Portland, Oregon.

West Richland Police reported that Huizar was located by Oregon State Patrol at about 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday while driving on Interstate 5 near Eugene. When the pursuit ended, the suspect shot himself in the head and the boy was safely taken into custody. The condition of the suspect was not known.

Huizar was arrested in February for allegedly raping a 16-year-old friend of his 17-year-old girlfriend, the mother of his child.

He allegedly met the teenager while working as a school resource officer at the girl’s middle school, according to court documents.

On the night in question, the three had spent the night drinking together and after the two girls fell asleep, Huizar assaulted the 16-year-old. When Huizar’s girlfriend woke to find him raping her friend, she put a stop to it and the two girls fled the home in Huizar’s truck before reporting the incident to police.

Huizar was charged with the statutory rape of his girlfriend, along with second-degree rape, and furnishing alcohol to minors.

Copyright 2024,